Monday, October 10, 2011

Pinteresting Post #2


This weeks Pinteresting Post is completely selfish...but I hope you enjoy...

I am trying to complete our guest room and have been looking for inspiration.  Like the dinning room, the guest room has a lot of the 'prettier' or 'girlier' things.  The guest room is also my  room...it houses all of my clothes and my bedroom furniture from before we were married.  We used my white comforter and got some new silk draperies in a pretty teal to add some color.  The room has been 90% complete since the second week I moved in, but the walls are bare and therefor the room is not complete enough to share. 

I have always liked gallery walls and collages and love them in hallways, up staircases, or in entry rooms. We have none of those spaces...well we do have a hallway, but it isn't big enough for this.  So, I am thinking about doing one in the guest room.  I need something over the headboard and there is one small blank wall in there, so I have a few options.  I have collected a few things that could be used for a gallery wall, but had not been able to commit to a plan.  I found a lot of great inspirational gallery walls on Pinterest last week to jump start me and get me moving on this project that has been sitting on the bed for months.

{click on the image for source}


We have the same letters we could incorporate...


I am liking the open frame look...


There is just something about silhouettes...



I like the mirrors and the framed letter...


These are very neat...


maybe a ledge?


black and white photos and distressed frames...


Chalk board...love it!

I think I might have to combine many aspects of these ideas to create my own. 

What do you think about gallery walls?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...