Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Progress...transforming a bachelor pad


I am a lucky girl.

I married a guy who embraced the fact that there were, and still are, changes in store for his our house.
All changes for the better...so I think. 
He hasn't put up a fight about much - although I don't think I have pushed the envelope too much.

The girl in me wants to bring in all new colors and pretty silver shinny things, with beautiful paisley and fun prints for draperies and pillows.  Or big bold stripes like in my previous condo.


For his sake, it is a good thing that the designer in me weighs more heavily than the girl in me - I know we are creating a home, our first home - a place we can both enjoy together. 


Now, with that said, there are some things he just never knew, or realized, would make his home more enjoyable - like color, or curtains, or pictures on the walls! 

Or even better yet, this adorable little girl....


Maybe the biggest change he has had to embrace...my Sophie


But how could you not love that sweet face :)

The first stage of the transformation began before the wedding. 
We painted, added some curtains,  rearranged furniture, and added a new rug. 

Over the next few weeks I will be posting about our progress of transforming this once bachelor pad into our 1st home.  I'll be talking about furniture arrangements, paint color selections, decor tips and ideas, and some DIY projects I have been working on {other than spray painting lamps!}  Stay tuned!




***Disclaimer:  This is a process as is every home.  Please bare with me as we work through :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...