Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Progress...

I had this lofty goal when we first got married to have the house complete - decorated and organized by the end of June {we got married in May}.  At that time I knew it would be a challenge, but I just didn't want to drag it out.  My plan was to get it all done and then do a series on here about the transformation. 

Well...

Like I said, it was a lofty goal...one I did not meet...and still haven't. 

Now I know you all have been waiting on the edge of your seats to see the once bachelor pad transformation {joke}, so I have decided to begin revealing our progress. 

A couple of weeks ago I revealed our pretty little display bookcase who found its home in the corner of our dining room. 



Well, here is the entire dining room as it stands today...


Our little dining room.
On the right is my old dresser turned buffet.
{the Husband didn't know why I kept calling it a buffet.  He agreed we could put it in this room as long as there was a buffet on it everyday!  There has yet to be one.}

We picked out the curtains back in February for the dining room and living room - they were about the only ones we could agree on, but I really like them!  They are from JCPennys.  We also painted before the wedding.  The previous color was the same as all of the other rooms in the house - a soft neutral.  This color accents perfectly!

But there is the reason this room is not complete.  Can you guess what it is...???

I think it sticks out like a sore thumb...

I'll let you ponder that until Friday when I reveal the fix :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...