Friday, August 12, 2011

A place for the pretty things...

One of the first things I noticed when preparing to take over move into the once bachelor pad was that there was a shortage of shelving to display the 'pretty' things in the living/dinning room area.  I guess that shouldn't be too surprising, especially if you know the Husband. 

We have been in the process of rectifying this, using peieces that we already have but finding the right place for them in this house {i.e. finding a place for my furniture}. 

I purchased this little bookcase a the Nashville Flea Market about 5 years ago.


Cute little thing, isn't she?
The pale, not so perfectly painted yellow worked seemlessly in my shabby chic bedroom in college, but since then has sort of just been there holding things trying to be descrete. 

The yellow was definitely NOT going to work in our new home, so I decided to paint it the same color as our trim paint, {plus we had a lot extra}.





It really finishes off our dining room perfectly! 
Of course you will have to wait until next week to see the rest of the dining room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...