Friday, September 25, 2009

And so it begins...

After much hesitation to enter the blog world, I have decided to embraced the idea in hopes that this will serve as a platform for previous and current design work as well as available invitations within my newest endeavour - a personalized and customizable invitation line.

What is Defining Designs?
Although my degree is in Interior Design, I find that my passion for design and creativity goes well beyond the confines of interior walls. I have always loved to plan and organize and create new things. From paint selections and new furniture arrangements to dinner parties and special events - I LOVE to create spaces and atmospheres that reflect the people who live in them or are being honored by them.

Invitations?
Have you ever found yourself out looking for invitations and become so annoyed that you can't find just the right one? There are, of course, cute ones but in the wrong colors or if the colors are right, the pattern is wrong. After not being able to find what I want in the stores or online, I started making my own invitations - whatever color I wanted with whatever theme I wanted. From there I started making calendars, flyers, business cards, announcements, etc. It wasn't until recently that I ever considered other people might like them and like the option to customize and personalize invitations for their events. It was of course my mom (because moms know best) who asked me, "why don't you do that on the side?" I laughed and shrugged it off, until I found myself thinking about it later - and smiling about the idea! And so it begins. I will have pictures of some examples available, but really the sky is the limit - birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers, girl's night out, house warming parties, change of address announcements, retirement parties, holiday open house - possibilities are endless.

Please visit often as I will be uploading photos of projects I have been working on and some new holiday invitations that will be available in just a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...